Waiting for server to Load Map and Player join lag

Vadim Clyne-Kelly vadimjnr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:24:06 EDT 2008

Hey,

Im having a problem with a new dedicated box I got. Its a Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz
4GB of RAM running Ubuntu Server 32bit on a dedicated 4mb line.

I am running a Sabotage server on 62.17.136.181:28960. The Problem is once a
map ends the screen that says Waiting to load next map stays up for a long
time before the server actually loads the next map. The second problem I
have is there is a lag spike every time a new user connects. I don't
understand why these problems are happening as there are only two other
servers on the box and they are match servers and rarely used. I have tried
setting the affinity to a single core and to two cores makes no difference..
Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks a million,
Vadim