[cod] Silly question

John Kennington jwkennington at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:12:22 EDT 2007

I'll try setting the sv_fps to 30.  Punkbuster already is set to
autoss 0.    Thanks for the help guys.  I sure hope CoD4 has better
netcode.

John

-
- Run Md5 (http://md5deep.sourceforge.net/) against
> your home install
and make sure everything matches and isn't corrupt.
- See
> if you're dropping packets or anything (just running ifconfig
will tell you
> the basics).

--Rob

On Oct 31, 2007 2:46 PM, John Kennington
> <jwkennington at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jay,

The server is set to sv_fps 20. the default setting. We get
> ping
spikes and lag.

Here are the system specs:

1 Dell \ PE SC1425 \
> 800FSB Dual Xeon
2 Intel \ 3.2 GHz 800FSB \ P4 Xeon
4 Generic \ 1024 MB \
> DDR2 400 ECC Reg
1 Unknown \ Onboard \ SATA
2 Western Digital \
> 250GB:SATA:7200RPM \ WD2500JD
100mbps connection

We shouldn't be getting
> ping spikes at all. We get more than 8 folks
on and the pings jump around
> like crazy.

Robert, I have found that the Tech Support at thePlanet can
> many times
be....mistaken.

On 10/31/07, Robert Mount <rmount at pobox.com>
> wrote:

> The best guess is that they assumed it was an HL2 based game. Cod2
> is
downloadable via steam, but it's not an HL2 based game (which does
allow
> you to set tickrates).

Actually, i'm not certain you can download COD2
> server from Steam. Or
COD2 for that matter -- I only know for certain you
> can get COD and UO
from steam.

Anyway. They are mistaken.

On Oct 31, 2007
> 2:33 PM, John Kennington <jwkennington at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok. Then why would ThePlanet tell me to set the tickrate to reduce
lag on a
> CoD2 server?

On 10/31/07, Robert Mount <rmount at pobox.com> wrote:

> one doesn't.

On Oct 31, 2007 2:17 PM, John Kennington

--
Waiting on the pier
> until Charon comes....

---
> http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?38

> ---
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
> cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org
Mailing list archives:
> http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?38

> --

Waiting on the pier until Charon comes....

---

To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
> cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org
Mailing list archives:
> http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?38

> --
Waiting on the pier until Charon comes....

---

To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
> cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org
Mailing list archives:
> http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?38

> --
>
> David Aguilar Valero
Dpto. Comercial y Soporte técnico
NewLight
> Systems
Servidores de juegos, HW,

crk01 at nls.es
crk01 at newlightsystems.com
tecnico at newlightsystems.com
#NewLight_Systems
www.newlightsystems.com
www.nls.es

--
Waiting on the pier until Charon comes....