[cod] Can't getting COD4 to run on LINUX?!

Clanwarz clanwarz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:07:36 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 11:57 AM, Nander Paardekooper <akra at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>  True, i know...
>
> But again, the found is already discovered, thanks for the help anyways!
>
> The standard README.linux from Activision is crap.
>
> Gr,
>
> Nander.

It basic but not crap. I find that one thing it fails to mention is that you
should run the server as a user and not as root... so if you have all your
files on the server, copy them over to a user and change permissions...

example:

cp -a /path/to/my/serer /home/cod4-user
cd /home
adduser cod4-user
chown -R cod4-user:cod4-user cod4-user

su - cod4-user
./cod4_lnxded

Doing it this way ensures that all file permissions belongs to the user and
you are starting the server as the user.

--jay