[cod] chmod settings and how to stop server.

Clanwarz clanwarz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:51:52 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 5:22 PM, Georgecooldude <georgecooldude at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Apologies if this has been asked but I couldn't see anything in my torrent
> of emails from the list.
>
> What chmod settings do I need as a minimum on the files and directories?
> Can someone provide a breakdown?
>
> Also how can I stop the server once I started it? Or does it stop when I
> do a CTRL+Z?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> George

Let's say  we make a user called cod4-joe and  copy all the files to
cod4-joe. When linux creates a user, the default place it end up is in
/home, so lets copy our cod4 files to /home/cod4-joe

cp -a /path/to/cod4files /home/joe

or you can simply just move it there by doing

mv /path/to/cod4files /home/cod4-joe

Now we will change directories to /home/cod4-joe

cd /home/cod4-joe

Now we will add a start script and a stop script. The files are attached.
Just make sure in the start script, you change the ip to one of the ips of
your box.

nano start

Now copy and paste the start script into the ssh terminal. Change the ip and
save

nano stop

Now copy and paste the stop script into the ssh window, save it

Now make sure your  start and stop file has executable permissions..

chmod +x start; chmod +x stop

Now we will make sure the user owns all the files and start the server

cd /home
chown -R cod4-joe:cod4-joe cod4-joe
su - cod4-joe
./start

when you want to stop it,

su - cod4-joe
./stop

BTW, this way will only work if the files are sitting in /home/cod4-joe as
the main folder would be located at /home/cod4-joe/main

and pb folder will be located at

/home/cod4-joe/pb

and so on

This should be simple enough... if I made any errors, I apologize, have a
lot of work to do atm. Hope this helps you.

--jay