UO Punkbuster

Crispy Beef crispy.beef at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 21 05:14:22 EST 2007

Hi All,

On a slightly older topic that the recent discussions I am having some trouble
with punkbuster on my CoD:UO server (Gentoo Linux). I've been running it for a
while without PB but have decided that I want to enable this but I'm having
some trouble finding the information I need. I only run a single instance of
the game server so the pb directory resides in ~/.callofduty/, I don't run CoD
either, just UO.

What do I need to put in that pb directory? Previously I've taken the content
from the install discs and then run the pbweb utility to update everything to
the latest version. Then when I start the server I have:

coduo_lnxded +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xxx +set ttycon
0 +sets gamestartup \"`date +"%F %T"`\" +exec master.cfg +map_rotate

The master.cfg file contains general settings and the punkbuster stuff:

pb_sv_enable
wait
set sv_punkbuster "1"

However when the server fires up I'm told that sv_punkbuster is read only.