[cod] Upload

Dubravszky József mail at joed.hu
Tue Nov 20 20:40:52 EST 2007

Hey,

I am completely aware of what is needed to run a linux CoD server :-) My
comment was just an implied disprove of our pal's thought of you don't need
a retail copy of CoD4 release. So as far as you need the files from the DVD
you need the DVD. And yes, it does not mean that you have to have the dist
phisically in the servers DVD drive. To return back to the original thought:
you need at least one copy of CoD4  to run a legal server no matter how many
servers you are running. If you run 10 windows CoD4 servers you don't
purchase 10 copies of CoD4. But you purchase at least one and then run it
several times. Just think about it! It is not limited to run several
instances of CoD4. Ok, as a server you are running the free linux binary but
you are still using the files that are purchased by someone sometime. Or if
you did not buy the product then you are stealing it, and if you are
stealing it you are on an illegal path. That is my train of thought :-)
Opinions?

joey