[cod] CoD4 Linux Server Files

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Nov 19 14:40:20 EST 2007

> Of course, the problem is getting someone in authority to speak candidly
> on the issue.  Is there anyone on this list who could address this
> specific question?

Porting is an inexact science.

Anyone that's watched one of those house-flipping shows on HGTV can tell
you that if you ask someone to build you a building can say "it will
take X time" but if you ask them to rework an existing structure...some
times you find termites, or asbestos, etc, and the original time
estimate becomes something between overly-optimistic and pure fantasy.

So it goes.

We have the server running on Linux now. It will be released soon (a few
days, at most, I hope). Just need to get the greenlight to put it out
there and we're good to go.

--ryan.