CoD Mod Http Redirect - IW / Activison please read.

Clanwarz clanwarz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 09:10:58 EST 2007

Linux:
------
In our main install or fs_basepath
We tried just adding the mod folder without the mod.ff file.
Restarted game server, connected and did not receive the mod.ff

We added the mod.ff file to the fs_basepath

example: /home/.games/cod4-server/mods/damn/mod.ff

Downloaded fine from the http redirect.

Windows:
--------
In our main install or fs_basepath
We tried just adding the mod folder without the mod.ff file.
Restarted game server, connected and did not receive the mod.ff

We added the mod.ff file to the fs_basepath

example: C:\SharedGames\cod4-server\mods\damn\mod.ff

Downloaded fine from the http redirect.

What I don't understand is simply this. 4th patch and this is still broken.
Why? I am sure this is not Ryan's fault.
Why is the same broken code given to him ? Why is the same broken code given
to us?
I certainly hope 1.5 patch fixes this.

But nonetheless, this has to be the best game I have ever played and for
this I thank you :)

--jay