[cod] Punkbuster not working

Petr Jelinek pjmodos at seznam.cz
Tue Dec 4 01:30:02 EST 2007

Jeroen Trippe (m3t internet) wrote:
> I'm having the same problem here...
>
> Did everything in the readme (copied files from dvd etc.) and am now trying
> to run the punkbuster setup.
>
> However those 3 commands do nothing:
>
> cd /usr/local/games/cod4
> ./pbsetup.run -e
> ./pbsetup.run --add-game=cod4 --add-game-path=/usr/local/games/cod4/ (tried
> this with and without the trailing /)
> ./pbsetup.run -e
>
> I believe there's supposed to come a EULA question after the 2nd command?
> Nothing happens here (not on the 3rd command either)...
> Permissions are set up right, we're running CentOS 4.5 by the way.

If those commands really do nothing (eula is supposed to show after the
1st one) then the problem is most likely upx compression of the binary.
The solution is to install/download upx packer and do upx -d pbsetup.run
then it should work. I already submitted ticket about this prob to
evenbalance. If you have problem getting upx you can download unpacked
version from http://pjmodos.parba.cz/download/pbsetup.run (it's around 6MB).

Oh and the 3rd command is ./pbsetup.run -u (as in update).

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)