[cod] Legal issues of running a cod4 server?

Jon Adams dooku at ner-clan.net
Mon Dec 3 15:04:44 EST 2007

You are most definitely over thinking this my friend!

1) No, but acquiring the server files without purchasing a copy is 99% of
cases illegal.
2) A cracked server is one that doesn't communicate with the activision's
master servers. No communication = No requirement for a CDKey but also not
listed in in-game browser. Cracked servers are technically, I suppose, not
illegal - however they are most assuredly frowned upon by the community.
3) Localised game files have nothing to do with a server.