[cod] GUID/CDKey kick

Stierenoog stierenoog at silverbulletclan.nl
Wed May 31 18:50:31 EDT 2006

It's a bug, many punkbuster screenshots have no guid either. In my
opinion this is something that needs to be fixed by Infinity Ward /
Activision. I contacted them about this, but all I get are stupid answers:

If someone is interested, I can email you the conversations we've had,
some examples of responses:

1. "Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.  We have no control over the way that
punkbuster deals with cheaters.  Please contact them at
http://www.evenbalance.com, they are aware of the issue and may be able
to help you."

2. "Thanks for the reply.  Guid's are assigned by Punkbuster, not by any
Activision software.  While our games use PB, we have no control over
any problems with it that may arise.  Please contact Punkbuster for
further assistance."

3. "Hi,

Unfortunately this is beyond the level of things we are going to be able
to help you with.  I would hit some forums like at
http://www.codadmin.com/ and look around there for further information."

(English is not my native language, but I think I can express myself
pretty good in English, so that cannot be the problem)

I don't have any confidence that they are working on some sort of
patch/fix. They just don't know what they are talking about.

--Stierenoog