[cod] 'No such file or directory' on cod2_lnxded Debian 3.1 / 64-bit

Jay Vasallo clanwarz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 08:31:29 EST 2006

  ----- Original Message -----

*From:* Andrew R. Mitcham <amitcham at layeredtech.com>
*To:* cod at icculus.org
*Sent:* Monday, March 06, 2006 7:24 AM
*Subject:* RE: [cod] 'No such file or directory' on cod2_lnxded Debian 3.1 /
64-bit

Robert,

I was having a problem with the same thing, only for HLDS/SRDS Update tool.
My 64-bit Debian system would not run the ./hldsupdatetool.bin or ./steam
and gave me the same error. Very weird you are having the same problem on
the same day… freaky. Anyways, the advice from deltaray and Marco fixed it
immediately:

apt-get install ia32-libs

Good luck!

-Andrew

The 'apt-get install ia32-libs' package contains headers and development
libraries for building 32-bit ia32 applications on amd64/ia64 Debian
systems. Without them , you cannot run 32 bit applications on a 64 bit
system. And yes, root is required to upgrade the libs.

Best of luck.

Jay
www.clanwarzgamingservers.com