Gamestate error

Pale Horse pale.horse at comcast.net
Mon Apr 17 02:39:24 EDT 2006

While this is a bit off the mark for a Linux topic, it does seem to be affecting us as well as Windoze. Despite the announcement by the IW PR man 402 that the new gamestate for 1.2 has been upped to 128k, the game still chokes with a parse gamestate error message at the 16k level (16384 bytes to be precise) on both OS's.

My question is simply is this an issue that may be able to properly implemented in the "official" 1.2 Linux release if it was sloppy coding or compilation for the Windoze release? Or was the official statement merely well intended but incorrect information? I suppose only Ryan can say for sure as he handled the port but has anyone else encountered this?

Any feedback appreciated!