[cod] server log (has to be a bug)

Henri Mecklin // Coixi coixi at pelikaista.net
Sat Apr 15 05:19:46 EDT 2006

I reported about this yesterday, this is how the bug works and how you
can tempfix it:

I start my server using these in cmdline:

g_log "games_mp.log"
g_logSync "1"
logfile "1"

When the server starts, it writes first lines to games_mp.log and
console_mp_server.log. Immediately after start, server changes g_log to
"000000<x>.log" where 'x' is random number i've yet not discovered how
it's decided. Anyway, when you first start the server, 'logs' folder
will NOT be created. Server creates the 'logs/000000<x>.log' after a
mapchange (timelimit hit, map_rotate, map mp_*)

So here is how you can tempfix it:

After you start your server, write to console or via rcon 'g_log
<desired_logname.log>' and the server will keep logging to your own
logfile after mapchange, not to '000000<x>.log'. You only have to do
this once after server start. g_log value will not change automatically
anymore until you restart your server.

 - Coixi