AW: [cod] Linux Beta

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Fri Oct 28 05:27:29 EDT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Look, I get it.  Everybody here is honest and paid for the game, and
> getting the files out there quickly benefits the game's launch.  I'm not
> disputing that, or saying you should stop.  All I'm saying is that this
> whole thing of carelessly exclaiming "hey let me copy all your pk3
> files, they're free anyway, who cares, how could anyone mind?" is a
> little questionable.  That's all.  /goes back to lurking

Sure. As stated in a previous thread, this is kind of unfortunate, forcing
server admins especially in Europe to use their imagination to get the proper
files. The question is, what is Bryan's opinion on that?

I, for one, would gladly give Bryan or anyone at AV 50 bucks to buy a licensed
version _now_ and not next thursday. Did anyone scream "Instant download
version"? :)

Regards,

--ck