[cod] monitoring script

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Tue Oct 18 22:12:50 EDT 2005

98% of a full moon tonight.

You know, there is real truth behind that.
I admit the response was a bit harsh and
also out of character.  Not only a full moon,
but fall equinox. Earth tilts and hence the magnetic
pull from the moon changes and so does brain chemistry.

This has been shown to actually directly effect the
ability of Serotonin receptors especially.  Some related
brain chemistry studies show that during the seasonal changes
and when the Earth changes it's axis of rotation, Serotonin
uptake by neuro-receptors is inhibited. This leads to behavioral
changes. (Depression, bitchiness, etc).  Why people are
"Glum" around the winter holidays. Why is it you are most
likely to be murdered in the U.S. on Christmas Day? Who knows,
but they are facts, and the murders are often described as
someone in an "animated state", which is the nice way
shrinks say "depressed, postal, unbalanced, etc)

To avoid this, one can move to the equator (where life
started). Some say that the human species has not had enough
time to evolve yet since migrating away from the equator and
hence behavior, driven by brain chemistry is a powerful side
effect of that migration away from the equator.

That was out of the ordinary for me.  This may have hit the nail
right on the head...  I wasn't bitchy the rest of the day...?.?.?

I must admit... it was a bit much. My apologies.
And NO, my Ph. D is not in Postal Services private for
you know who you are ;-)))

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE         defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org