[cod] Max number of maps in maprotation

Nicolai Guba nicolai at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 23 15:28:34 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 12:03, Christophe Rome wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> New to the list and hoping not to ask something that has already been
> answered before.
>
>   I was wondering if there's a maximum number of maps you can put into the
> sv_maprotation? I'm asking this because I can put in up to 34 maps. If I
> put in more the server won't start with the following error: "sys_error:
> error during initialization: attempted to overrun string in call to va()".
>
>   I read somewhere that the string is limited to 1024 characters. Is this
> true? If yes, can this be changed? Does the Windows server handle this
> string in the same way?

I am afraid this looks like a hard coded limit.  ie, something along the lines
of
	char* string = malloc(1024);

and then some assertation failing making sure the parameter does not exceed
its bounds.

I haven't written the server but chances are extremely high that both
implemtations share the same codebase apart from the platform specific
aspects.

But then, I could be horribly wrong :)  You are better off just trying this on
a windows server (any recent windows box should do) and see whether that's a
linux problem only or shared across architectures.

Hope this helps.
--
Nicolai P. Guba
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, http://www.scee.net