[cod] DMW Anti-Cheat

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Thu Nov 17 14:25:57 EST 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 6:19 AM, James Landi wrote:

> The majority of people buying CoD2 or any FPS does not even play
> online.

Is this because the majority plays them on Xbox or Playstations?

I deal in tech support and not a single person I know that has Call
of Duty on a PC does not play online.  Sure, most have played all the
single player scenarios, but all have gone online. I'd guess it's
around 50 users for the sample.  Granted, in that 50 users, there are
groups of 5-10 that play together as well.

On another note, online play gives a game more life.  How many play
the single player scenarios twice?  3x?  more?
By extending the life, it gives the company a chance to make the next
version before the popularity dies off.