[cod] PB for COD2 news?

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Tue Nov 15 21:43:23 EST 2005

Geez, for a week that stated out really crappy, this is turning out to
just get better and better.

Some seem to be in the know here.  Is there anything out there
that describes the way this works at a reasonable level?
Because you know the cheat/Hack developers are going to
go through this with a electron microscope. ;-)

If it looks at Direct-X it still is quite complex given what direct-X
does, and the differences between say 9.0c but users that
default to 7.X because their GPU's are not 9.0 compatible.
(Ex. I have Geforce FX5950us. They run 7.X compatibility).

So certain routines are not used in hardware, but can still
be enabled in software.  Seems to me, the method John mentions
is simple in concept, but is likely complex.  I don't know, I am
guessing.  But sure wish there was some basic info.

Then again, no one knew much about punkbuster until the
cheat/hackers ripped it apart to develop cheats to get around it.
Now how it works in general is pretty common knowledge.

I am just happy as a pig in s***!  (Uh that is slop!) ;-)

Mark J. DeFilippis                    defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org