[cod] CoD2 announced linux server on release?

Jay Vasallo jayco1 at charter.net
Tue May 3 11:06:13 EDT 2005

sup doc!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark J. DeFilippis
  To: cod at icculus.org
  Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:44 AM
  Subject: Re: [cod] CoD2 announced linux server on release?

  OK. Been a month now. Nada.  I hope we don't have to beg like hungry
  birdlings like last time, or worse (cough) Doom3 (cough)...COD2 Linux server..
  I would be happy if it was given equal footing with Windows.  The fps genre needs
  all the help it can get to fend off everything going massive multi-player, and an
  end to the era of server based gaming the way we know it.  I see it coming.
  WOW, FInal Fant, Matrix Online. (Geez, no one even looked at MOL. Then came WOW.
  That kick started MOL moving.  I don't want to see fairies flying unless I can pump lead in
  to them on my own servers! lol.

  I have already predicted to many that Massive on-line gaming is going to be the
  death of "near cost free" for most users gaming. Hope it turns out to be a
  fad.  I would hate to see the end of the current FPS genre....  :-(

  Hey Jay, I'm Back!  Good to see ya all here!

  Dr D