[cod] CoD2 announced linux server on release?

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Tue May 3 07:44:01 EDT 2005

OK. Been a month now. Nada.  I hope we don't have to beg like hungry
birdlings like last time, or worse (cough) Doom3 (cough)...COD2 Linux server..
I would be happy if it was given equal footing with Windows.  The fps genre
needs
all the help it can get to fend off everything going massive multi-player,
and an
end to the era of server based gaming the way we know it.  I see it coming.
WOW, FInal Fant, Matrix Online. (Geez, no one even looked at MOL. Then came
WOW.
That kick started MOL moving.  I don't want to see fairies flying unless I
can pump lead in
to them on my own servers! lol.

I have already predicted to many that Massive on-line gaming is going to be the
death of "near cost free" for most users gaming. Hope it turns out to be a
fad.  I would hate to see the end of the current FPS genre....  :-(

Hey Jay, I'm Back!  Good to see ya all here!

Dr D

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org