[cod] cod swat mod linux server help

BludGeonT[EUG] bludgeont at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 15:50:00 EST 2005

linescreen -A -m -d -S CoD ./cod_lnxded
+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 67.19.211.218 +set net_port 28960 +map
rotate +set fs_homepath /home/cod2/cod +set fs_basepath /home/cod2/cod
+set fs_game swat +exec dedicated.cfg&

Try putting the +map_rotate at the end of your command line in case it
starts things up in the middle and drops the reset, especially since
youre specifying fs_homepath and fs_basepath AFTER the map_rotate,
they might not be getting set.  Also, put your fs_game specification
at the beginning area.

screen -A -m -d -S CoD ./cod_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game swat
+set net_ip 67.19.211.218 +set net_port 28960 +set fs_homepath
/home/cod2/cod +set fs_basepath /home/cod2/cod +exec dedicated.cfg
+map_rotate

Also, running screen with the -dmS options, you dont need to
background the process with the & at the end.  Issuing the screen with
the way you have it listed above or with the -dmS (your choice), it
will automatically background it for you.

Also like Ian said, the best way to see what is actually going on, is
to start the game up with your command line options from within the
game directory itself.  This way you can more switftly see what the
problems are, especially if the problem you are dealing with kills
your screen session off before you can attach to see what is going on.

Hope this helps, good luck and Happy Easter

BludGeonT[EUG]
Earthlink Ultimate Gaming