[cod] sorry edit

Jay Vasallo jayco1 at charter.net
Sat Mar 26 01:39:10 EST 2005

Sup Dana,

Can you append  the server log and email it back to us so we can see the
last thing the server tried to do. The server log is normally in the mod you
are trying to start. And I am not completely sure but you can remove this:

 +set fs_homepath /home/cod2/cod

If I am not mistaken, that is used if you are starting the cod game in
another location. Normally you start it and then point to the homepath for
the user. But that is not your problem atm thou.

You also have the "&" sign at the end of the command. That is used if you
are not using screen.  Not sure if you missed the
_ under the map_rotate but it doesn't show. Try this for a command line:

#!/bin/sh
start=`date '+%H:%M on %d/%m/%y'`
echo "swat server started @ $start">>/home/cod2/swat.log
screen -dmS CoD ./cod_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 67.19.211.218 +set
net_port 28960 \
+set fs_basepath /home/cod2/cod +set fs_game swat +exec dedicated.cfg
+map_rotate \

and if you need the homepath in there here it is:

#!/bin/sh
start=`date '+%H:%M on %d/%m/%y'`
echo "swat server started @ $start">>/home/cod2/swat.log
screen -dmS CoD ./cod_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 67.19.211.218 +set
net_port 28960 \
+set fs_homepath /home/cod2/cod +set fs_basepath /home/cod2/cod +set fs_game
swat  \
+exec dedicated.cfg +map_rotate \

If you noticed I use the " \ " sign one space after the last command I want
on that line. It tells the linux server to start
to read the next line. Good for troubleshooting because you can always see
the script in front of you and nothing off the screen.

Hope this helps you.
=o)