[cod] COD 1.5b / COD:UO 1.51b patches the facts

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Sun Jan 23 10:25:23 EST 2005

Steve,

Thanks, this is clear. I can also concur that indeed the uo_game_mp_x86.dll was
changed, and produces tons of MD5 Mismatch's in your logs.  So....

1. There is NO Linux patch at this time.  Ryan said there is one coming
shortly, but has not said when.

2. Have your Windows users update their client to the new OFFICIAL 1.5.1
release of UO.

3. Your Linux server should be the original release, plus the add on
in December from Ryan. However, I strongly recommend you apply
"Bits" code fix that fixes the "Jeep crash" and "UO:TDM" problems.
(Just add the pk3 file a few messages back)...

We wait for Ryan to announce that "upcoming" Linux patch...

BTW:  Punkbuster was updated last night. Your servers should
update automagically, but the fix was reasonably important. I would
go to your pb directory on your servers and force the update by
executing  ./pbweb.x86

MD

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org