[cod] COD2 Linux bin

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Feb 13 03:14:20 EST 2005

> Hope Activision will not begin to do the same as EA by not doing a good
> linux server for the release date (or few days after)...

The Activision people have overall proven to be very concerned about
Linux support, in my opinion. With COD and COD:UO i was never involved
this early, so it doesn't mean much.

> Any news about any UO patch with lower CPU usage (or it is impossible?) and
> by the way about moh:PA (if EA let you tell us of course)?

mohpa is on the way still, it's just proven to be extremely difficult,
but the project isn't cancelled.

> Can i ask you if you get any news about Battlefield 2 even if you never have
> been in BF but it seem that the linux coder doesn't work for Dice after the
> last BF's patch...

My understanding was that there was some confusion with Battlefield
Vietnam, but Andreas still works for DICE...I could be wrong, though, I
stopped following it closely once Andreas really started to get things
under control.

--ryan.