[cod] rcon list of banned player Id's

BludGeonT[EUG] bludgeont at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:28:30 EDT 2005

heya,

It depends on what banned the person in particular, whether it was a
manual ban by an admin using /rcon ban IP|GUID  or, whether it was a
pb_sv_ban command that punkbuster uses to ban people.

FYI, this pretty much applies to all Quake3 based engine games that
support punkbuster.

Punkbuster Way:

/rcon pb_sv_banlist - shows who PB has banned.  This will show you all
who are in the pbbans.dat file (punkbuster ban list file) and all who
are banned from just within memory.

/rcon pb_sv_banemtpy - empties out PB banlist
/rcon pb_sv_banload    - loads pbbans.dat PB ban file.

The above example of clearing the banlist is very helpful with many
situations.  For example, your friend just loaded COD up and joined
your server, but his Punkbuster is at a retail level and needs to
update completely.  This happens while your friend is playing in the
server, but lets say his PB didnt update in time and the server kicked
him for 15 minutes due to PB descrepancies.  The above routine helps
clear out the PB banlist for your friend so he can come right back in
rather than waiting the full 15 minutes for the ban to expire.  This
is what I refer to as a BAN in memory and not in the pbbans.dat file.

The Q3 engine way:

I avoid using the types of bans that are built into the engine because
it is somewhat cryptic to use and not near as user friendly as PB.
But you can display the bans that are on the system, non-PB related in
this way:

/rcon banlist

I believe that you can either see IPs or GUID's be echoed back from
this list.  Either way, I have only found a way to remove them one at
a time in this way:

/rcon banremove GUID

  - or -

/rcon banremove IP

There might be a way to clear the list all at once, Im guessing /rcon
pb_banempty, but that is a longshot.  I know for a fact that banremove
works but its a slow painful process if you dont have cut and paste
and are trying to unban GUIDs.

I hope this helps you guys out,

BludGeonT[EUG]
Earthlink Ultimate Gaming