Debian help needed

Torben Jørgensen ecc at edb.dk
Thu Sep 30 10:20:39 EDT 2004

Hi
I am a brand new owner of a Debian 3.0 linux server and i am having some
serious problems with installing orginal Call of Duty later i will add
COD UO. I get this error when i try to launch the server:

jjp149-1:/usr/games/codlinux# ./cod_lnxded: error while loading shared
libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I have followed this tut to install the game:

http://www.codboards.com/index.php?showtopic=833

And i have tried to execute the server with this command line:

./cod_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +exec dedicated.cfg +map_rotate &

This is the path to the game: /urs/games/codlinux

I am a total noob in regards to linux, so if i need to install something
i need a step by step guide.
I hope that a kind soul will take pitty on me and help.

Thanks in advance
Joe