[cod] Semi off topic: COD rentals

Nathan P. natedog550 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 17:53:56 EDT 2004

If you don't want to read up on the virtual interfaces here's a cut and dry
way to do it.

On Red Hat.  In the folder: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

Let's create a virtual interface.

Create a file and name it: ifcfg-eth0:0

Inside the file it contains:
DEVICE=eth0:0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NETMASK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
GATEWAY=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Then you can issue a ifup eth0:0

To take it down: ifdown eth0:0

And now when the system reboots it will automatically launch that virtual
interface.

For more just name them accordingly - eth0:1 etc etc

--
NateDog