[cod] Semi off topic: COD rentals

Chris Adams chris at fragzzhost.com
Fri Sep 24 17:39:57 EDT 2004

Most GSPs use the fs_homepath and fs_basepath wherever possible afaik.
For games like BF1942 and HL though, symlinking or another similar
method is necessary. We have a central game cache with the files for all
the games that we support on our master server which is then deployed
out to slave boxes, and updates pushed across when necessary by the
system. Servers for CoD for example then just run off the central game
cache with fs_homepath, fs_basepath and fs_userpath.

> Are people using some sort of "virtual linux" installs to run multiple
servers on one box with seperate IP addresses?

No just one linux installation with different ports for the different
servers. Sometimes we chuck another few IPs on a box so that more people
can get the default ports. This is easily done by adding a virtual
interface in the network configuration (man ifconfig)

Hope that cleared a few things up :)

Chris Adams
Fragzzhost

T (07005) 964 855