[cod] hitch warnings

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Fri Sep 24 07:54:50 EDT 2004

> Personally I just look the other way when that pops up...lol

They are meant to say "we fell way behind on this frame"...this will
happen in normal use (i.e. map load is one long frame, CPU load spikes
out when another server on same box is starting, etc).

If you're getting these every few seconds during normal gameplay, it's
means your system can't handle the load and you should upgrade your
hardware, run less instances, add RAM to stop swapping, pester Ryan to
optimize the game server, etc...but if you see one every now and then,
it's normal. It's just a very visual way to let you know your server's
health from minute to minute.

--ryan.