new site for linux game admins

luke at techfreak.org luke at techfreak.org
Thu Sep 23 10:32:03 EDT 2004

Hey all,

I hope nobody views this as 'spam' cause it aint!!!!! :)

I've been on Ryans lists for years and hopefully I have gathered
some small bit of respect as someone serious about my servers!! heh
heh..... one thing I've noticed on these lists is that there is a
ton of knowledge passed around via email - most of it lost to the
'archives'. So, this knowledge is hard to retrieve and use if you
missed the original email..... Also, we are all fractured in terms
of our 'voice'. If we need to put pressure on a publisher to get a
bug fixed, it means little coming from one lone admin.......

Im not slagging these lists cause i love em and hope they never go
away. But, Myself and several other linux game admins have put
together a new site aimed at being a 'headquarters' for linux game
admins. We hope you check it out today and register.

I, for one, am sick and tired of going to 'admin' sites that focus
on Windows servers. And I am sick and tired of having to hunt
through the net for that cool 'restart script' somebody mentioned
somewhere.........

http://www.frankenworks.com is live and isnt meant to do anything
but give us all a place to post our scripts, ask for help on
ADVANCED admin topics, give help, etc. We dont hope to replace these
mailing lists, just add a more 'permanent' place for Linux admins to
work together to do what we do.

Last, we will be adding new features and sections to the site as it
grows and develops, so send us your thoughts.

Luke