Help with Server Crash Hack

Reg reg at blazinbarrels.com
Thu Sep 9 22:08:42 EDT 2004

Hello everyone.

Wondering if someone can shed some light on this, and possibly provide a
fix for it.  Thank you in advance.

-          - -  start - - -

This morning for the 3rd straight day our server has gone Offline. This
morning however i was there to see it go down and restarted it almost
immediately. Yesterday it went down middle afternoon, i was away at work
so it stayed down for 8 hours causing some problems for our regular
players and raising questions aswell. The daY before it went down near
5:30 in the afternoon, again for hours as i was working.
Ive heard alot of specualtion there is a hack out there that can allow a
server to be shut down, on command, even if u dont have the information
required to do it. So i downloaded the so called patch to block it for
linux servers and installed it, but obviously it didnt work because she
went down before my eyes. Im not sure what is going on but its causing
alot of frustration and especially anger if someone is purposely
shutting us down to rid our clients out of our great server. Hope you
can help!!!

- - - stop - - -

Messenger - fazooly at dsbdivision.org
AIM - BlazinBarrels1
ICQ - 226033414
YAHOO - blazinbarrels
IRC - irc.teamspeakhost.com Channel #BlazinBarrels & #TeamSpeakHost

Reg Piper
Owner / President
BlazinBarrels.com
Co-Owner