[cod] Come on guys release a fix for the CPU usage

Chris Adams chris at fragzzhost.com
Sun Oct 17 11:59:31 EDT 2004

"You're kidding right? I don't know what 'state' yours is in, but my
server
runs fine, and I'm glad to have it!"

Judging by the fact that almost all recent mails on this list have been
about the high CPU usage, I don't think he's kidding. I'm sure your
'server' will run fine if it's alone on a reasonably-powered box, but
for those of us who have to put more than one server on a box, we really
can't offer the QoS to customers as it stands. I think Steve is probably
pretty knowledgeable in making servers work looking at his posts on
practically every game server mailing list there is, and also I think
that the number of servers on master lists beginning with 'Multiplay'
points towards this conclusion also :-)

Anyway I'll still waiting patiently for the good reports to come in
before we start to offer UO as a game :)

Chris Adams
Fragzzhost

T (07005) 964 855
F (07005) 964 857