[cod] Now what ...Am I missing something

Daniel M. Temme cod at schlechteverlierer.de
Tue Oct 5 08:39:17 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 16:32, Jay Vasallo wrote:
> PunkBuster Server: 0 Aliases Written to pbalias.dat
> PunkBuster Server: 0 Stat Records Written to pbstat.dat
> PunkBuster Server: Preparing to Disable PB Server...
> (/root/.callofduty/pb/)
>

> Why is it looking for pb in the .callofduty folder?

I think that's what it prefers. The automatic update stuff at least always
seems to go there, IIRC.

And btw, since it deserves mention again, don't run services as root unless
you really have to. CoD certainly doesn't need root priviledges.

Have a nice day
--
Daniel M. Temme
http://schlechteverlierer.de