[cod] Linux vs. Windows

Ken ken at moonridge.net
Sat Nov 20 12:36:01 EST 2004

We run both, a windows 2000 server and a linux fc1. For UO as of right now
runs better on Windows than on our linux. We can get about 30 people playin
tdm on the old maps with no lag(used to be 50 but...) But right when we
switch to the new maps and dom or bas. Cpu goes nutz and maybe we can get 24
with good performance. Windows we can do 34 no problem, but the same box
would run a 54 users plus a 20 user private. So as of now I think Windows is
a better choice for UO.