[cod] CoD and my struggle with NAT

Bryan Kuhn bryan at infinityward.com
Wed Jan 7 13:29:31 EST 2004

Yes and this isn't supposed to happen and there is no known bug with it.
Unless you have that cvar I mentioned set to 1.

No what is happening is the following :

-------------- Cut from other mail ------------ (See history)

Client connects to Server with ip. Server then goes to AUTH server Actvision
and asks to authenticate the Client trough its IP. Auth Server then tries to
connect to client to get CD-Key to Authenticate. After getting the CD-Key
AUTH server looks in database and gives an ack or nack back to Server. Then
the Server lets the client pass and you can play.

And because i'm internal with a private adress the Actvision server doesn't
understand where the 10.5.1.123 adress is.

Thats my problem.

Regards
Quint