1.3 BETA why no linux patch?

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 12:00:41 EST 2004

Ok so I got to ask why make the decision to release COD 1.3
BETA without linux support. Do they not realise that a large
portion of servers out there are linux and that releasing it like
this it going to cause MAJOR issues. People will upgrade to
1.3 and then they will expect their clanservers upgraded and
GSP's wont be able to. You will effectively split the community
which is never a good move.
I understand there is pressure to get patches out but you really
cant take this type of shortcut, its not in IW's or the communities
interest.

So the question is when will linux come back in line? Are we
talking hours, days, weeks? Please let us know as we have
customers that will be asking just this question.

    Steve / K