[cod] And with the patch the problem with NAT is back

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Tue Feb 10 15:19:47 EST 2004

tubesock wrote:
> Hi Bryan,
>
> Why is it that every Q3 based game/server I've worked on works properly
> behind firewalls and doesn't seem to experience the same fragmented packet
> problem on things like /rcon status over 14 players?
>
> I've used Q3, JKII, SoF2, RtCW, Enemy Territory with none of these problems.

As a side note: something like this has been fixed in the HLDS binary
last update: "Fixed extremely large rcon packets not being returned
correctly".

So this is very likely a legacy issue from WAY back when id wrote the
netcode for Quake2.

As another side note: you should really learn how to quote. :) I cannot
imagine how your threads might look for digest users.

--ck