[cod] And with the patch the problem with NAT is back

Troy Chinnery t_chinnery at iprimus.com.au
Sun Feb 8 06:37:14 EST 2004

Those other two replies are obviously clueless. I don't know if I can offer a
solution, but perhaps just an underthought-out idea.
Is it the server that sends the authentication packet? I thought, the client
sends their key to an auth server, and the game server then asks the auth
server if the client at the connecting IP has a valid key. The auth server
obviously, not aware of this internal IP, replies "CD key in use" (because it
recently got an auth request for that key). If this is the case, then maybe an
iptables rule on your gateway, that prevents any internal IP except the game
server from communicating.

Or if that's all wrong, maybe you can run a packet inspection program,
inspecting packets from the game server to codauthorise for internal IP's, and
blocking them.

Just some things to ponder.