[cod] Suggestions on file ownership and file permissions for CoD files.

Daniel M. Temme cod at schlechteverlierer.de
Tue Nov 25 06:18:57 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 02:23, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > Are there any other suggestions others may have that I can do to CoD so
> > that if there are vulnerabilities found that the scope is limited to CoD
> > and doesn't affect the OS or other users?
>
> Use the chroot command; just make sure you've got a /etc/hosts in the
> chroot jail for looking up the auth server.
>
> Someone on this list is bound to be doing this...if you are, please
> elaborate.

I am doing this although I'm not entirely sure how good it's working as noone
ever joins our server (schlechteverlierer.de:28960, if you want to do me a
favor. I'm curious as to how the old hardware holds up with more than a
handful of players). If there is any interest in this I could try writing up
what I did.

Have a nice day
--
Daniel M. Temme