[cod] Idea for Bryan

MayDay MayDay at Players-Inc.dk
Fri Nov 21 19:50:00 EST 2003

RE: [cod] What ports do I need opened in my firewall for CoD?I just wanted a way to get my irc livebot to show the team scores easily and correctly at each round win without having to keep scores, i donno if im being lazy or unreasonable here? : |

Roundrestart command differs from map_restart in the way that players do not have to rejoin the teams and wait for match restart. in most other games you know when there is 3 round restarts in a row then its for real :D  have had alot of queries for that command, and even a little verbal fight on clanbase because one player joined the wrong team :P

Ohh just remembered:

http://www.infinityward.com/cod/server%20commands.html

      g_logsync 0 0 - buffered writes
      1 - write immediately

Are you sure that's correct? I have head it's supposed to be 2 and it seems like it updates faster.

I was thinking it's like:  0=no log 1=buffered 2=continuous 3=append

No players on my server right now so I can't test it, anybody else tried?
Would actually be cooler if we had a continuous and append, the log file grows quickly :D

Do sv_timeout work, it's supposed to kick 999 people after "cvar" seconds right?

Missing sv_cvars for kicking idle players to spectator and to kick "idle" spectators from the server.

I did a little hack of the scripts to enable round killcam "at the end of each round", works perfectly BUT it comes right after the round so the surviving player doesn't have time to pickup any weapons which is annoying :D
I supposed you fixing the command for the next patch, just wanted to let you know that no end time would probably not be received with much enthusiasm :D

Thanks again Bryan, great support!

//MD