[cod] pak sum/name mismatch

James Landi jim at landi.net
Tue Dec 23 09:14:11 EST 2003

Team balance is very easily added to any mod. You just can't turn it on or
off.

To add team balance to any mod:

1) 1st always make a backup of the mod your going to mod
2) open pk3 with winzip and follow map -> MP -> gametypes
3) You should see all the game types listed as gsc files
4) open each game type and took around line 262 depending on what they have
done before this mod.
It should look like this:

******************************************** start*******
			switch(response)
			{
			case "allies":
			case "axis":
******************************************** END *********

Change it to this:

****************************************** START **************
			switch(response)
			{
			case "allies":
				if(response == "allies")
				{
				response = "autoassign";
				player iprintln("To keep teams balanced, you
have been Auto-Assigned.");
				}

			case "axis":
				if(response == "axis")
				{
				response = "autoassign";
				player iprintln("To keep teams balanced, you
have been Auto-Assigned.");
				}
******************************** end *******************************

That's it, save the file; it should prompt you to save changes in the
compressed file.

You need to do this for every game type you wish to use autoballance and
your other mod.

These changes are from mpowells autoballance mod. Until IW/activsion lets us
run more then one mod we have to combined our own mods ourselves.

Hope this helps
Jim Landi
Rudedog
Owner CoDadmin.com and MOHadmin.com