Master Servers

Joe joe at ourreality.net
Mon Dec 15 18:12:24 EST 2003

I am sure this has already been discussed but I cannot dig up anything solid
that helps. What are the requirements to get a linux COD server on the
in-game list of servers.

my command line includes +set dedicated 2 and my config includes both seta
sv_master1 "codmaster.activision.com" and seta sv_master2
"master0.gamespy.com" (gamespy does list my server). The server is directly
connected to the internet (not NATed) and my firewall does not restrict
ports over 1023. I have successfully ran q3, UT and BF1942 server on this
server but cannot get my COD to advertise with activision's masters.

I can (and play) if I connect directly using the IP or through gamespy.

What am I missing?