No subject

Wed Mar 11 18:56:50 EDT 2009

than we couldve asked for. Great features, huge potential. Go dice!

On 6/10/05, Steven Hartland <killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
> 3. Player querying is broken
> 4. Server list is very slow to manipulate i.e. sort and scroll.
> 5. Default netspeed is LAN should really be cable / DSL.
>=20
> So I couldn't config the keys I wanted an hence gave in
> without even entering the game.
>=20
> How could this have got through testing?
>=20
> From the server:
> 1. +configPath was much better than the current solution
> 2. Admin config is clumsy for multi servers. I've attached
> a slightly better version that bases reads values from the file
> named adminsettings.con in the same directory as the mapList
> file.
> So if u use: +mapList "/usr/local/games/bf2_demo/server1/maplist.con"
> it will load "/usr/local/games/bf2_demo/server1/adminsettings.con"
> the format of the file is:
> admin.port <port>
> admin.password "<password>"
> Its far from perfect but without docs on the python interface
> it's the best I could come up with I'm afraid.
> N.B. to use it set the following in ur serversettings.con:
> sv.adminScript "multiplay_admin"
>=20
> 3. +pbPath sets the path but fails to copy the required pb
> files from the base pb dir to the target.
> 4. Player querying is broken the max of one packet is sent
> 5. start.sh has bugs due to missing files.
> 6. 32bit linux bin is invalid ( we all know this though )
> 7. linux pb files are missing from the installer
> 8. case of windows and linux files varies making it hard
> to create a combined install.
> 9. cpu load on load and map change is excessive, 90+% for
> an extended period of time, 20+ seconds. This basically limits
> people to running 1 server per CPU without significantly
> impacting on the other servers.
> 10. Map size doesn't seem to limit players.
> 11. I cant find the logging options anywhere.
> 12. Win32 Server Launcher server name is limited to 32
> chars ( server doesn't have this limitation ).
> 13. Map format doesn't allow mod changes :(
> 14. Requires 3.2.2 gcc, would have been good to either
> ship a static binary like bf1942 or keep the requirements
> to 3.2.
>=20
> Is the "timeLimit" in seconds or minutes, I think its in seconds
> but the gui gives the impressions its in minutes
>=20
> Its not all bad though, far from it looks like there has been
> some bang up work done by the Dice boys on this puppy.
> Nice things:
> 1. Running CPU Load doesn't seem too bad 64 player server
> at 80% here on a 2.8 P4 ( win32 )
> 2. No more process switch on map load.
> 3. Nice cmd line help.
> 4. Python interface, already had a play looking forward to
> some docs on it :)
>=20
> So there's some things that need fixing but its all on the right
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and t=
he person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, =
the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise diss=
eminating it or any information contained in it.