[bf1942] GSP allowed to host ranked knife and pistol servers

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon May 14 04:58:02 EDT 2007

Forwarded to the relevant list.

    Steve
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Sampson
  To: bf1942 at icculus.org
  Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 2:06 AM
  Subject: [bf1942] GSP allowed to host ranked knife and pistol servers

  I know this is the unranked mailing list but I do not have the info for the ranked one. If someone can post it there it would be great. Seems EA is allowing knife and pistol ranked servers now since myinternetservices.com is now hosting at least 3 of them for bf2142 and they remain online after many reports against them. A lot of k/p server have been shut down in the past that were reported to the former bfroe which is owned by myis. From what I hear myis never sent in reports to EA about their own knife and pistol servers to make more money.
  66.199.252.92:16567:29900 (KMA) Pistal Knife Only
  72.9.107.181:16567:29900 (KMA) Knife Only
  72.232.120.187:16567:29900 SNIPER RIFLE KNIFE AND DEFIB ONLY!!! DRAMA FREE ZONE

  All have the myis provider id of 10029, the first one even has sponsor text (Server Hosted by LcT and -eXo-, provided by MyInernetServices.). myis have been notified many times and refuse to remove them. One of their staff stated when asked about them:

  "Tim is paying EA the big bucks, and therefore they are his friends, not Tim being theirs, and cos of their attitude, he will allow the servers no matter what"

  "without those clients, EA wouldn't be getting those big bucks"

  http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9495/myis3zd0.jpg

  So basicly give EA a cut and they ignore your illegal servers while others get shut down. Even totalroe.com displays 3 of those servers in a list of myis hosted servers.

  sorry for the rant but a lot of gsp's want bf2142 ranked provider status while myis continues to break the rules time and time again.