[bf1942] server hardware question

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 15:44:52 EST 2006

64 player BF2 servers require AMD hardware to run to the best of there
ability i.e. not dropping frames when full. Anything about 2.2Ghz AMD64 is
good. Windows is preferred as BF2 runs much better on windows :(

64 player server full 24/7 will use 20925Gb of bandwidth per month so
your 1GB per month will last 17mins so forget it. As a colo a busy BF2
server is just not an option as it uses just too much bandwidth instead just
hire a server off a good local provider it will cost you significantly less.

    Steve / K