[bf1942] bf2 listserv?

Omnix omnix at punksbusted.com
Wed Sep 7 05:50:28 EDT 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:21:51 +0100 (BST)
janstiss at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

> Ok...the server I'll be setting up is running on Linux, so I'm already
> downloading the server file (or atleast I will be if I can find a link
> that works...), but is there anything like a guide on a website for
> things like editing server config files?

The .con setting files are pretty much common sense - they're documented
in the server readme also.  Lots of other info on the BF2 tech wiki if
you look around: <http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/>

> Oh yeah - any decent anti
> cheat stuff out there for a server of this type?

I /might/ be a bit biased, but if you're using PunkBuster on your server
then look at the site in my sig.  We run a "Master Ban List" (MBL) - you
can set your server up to contribute to this automatically and then
using our Auto-MBL utility, it'll download the latest ban list to your
server.

We currently have about 300 banned GUIDs.  You can then send in PB
screenshots for addition to the MBL etc.  Read more at the site.

--
Omnix, PunksBusted Staff
Building a safer gaming community, one server at a time

e: omnix at punksbusted.com  w: http://www.punksbusted.com