[bf1942] Custom maps on Linux?

Jay Vasallo jayco1 at charter.net
Mon Sep 5 08:22:45 EDT 2005

This is from someone on the mailing list.

Anyay, here's the lowdown for the other folks in the same situation as
me. (I wasn't aware of the *.desc file in the info directory.... so that
hosed me up.)

1) Rename the map folder to all lower case (just like BF1942).
2) Rename the Server.zip to server.zip
3) Rename the Info directory to folder
4) Inside of the info directory, rename the *.desc file to lowercase
(should be identical to name in item #1, above).
5) Now use 'mapList.append "map_name" gpm_cq #' as normal