[bf1942] BF2: Special Forces

Karl-Petter Åkesson karl-petter at home.se
Thu Oct 27 03:02:19 EDT 2005

ScratchMonkey wrote:

> --On Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:59 PM -0600 David Stevens
> <dave at netdefense.ca> wrote:
>
>> Probably 95% of what they would with cleaning up their current mess.
>>
>> We seem to be the only ones that notice how screwed up things are.
>

> I spoke with one of the lemmings this weekend. He didn't see anything
> wrong with the game, as a player. He thought 1.03 fixed all the bugs.
> He was quite excited to buy the add-on.

Hi everyone,

usually dont post much here since I mainly been interested in seeing the
view of the game from the server admins and thereforejust read all
input, but know I felt I had to quickly jump in. To me the game is
almost worse after 1.03! Not really they fixed some stuff but as always
added a lot o new bugs! For instance the new "FEATURE" (see the ea
support forum, it sounds as a feature there) that if you activate more
than 5 filter options nothing will turn up in the server browser. Yes, a
very nice feature! And there are definitely something wrong in the
network code or somewhere else in the game. I usually only play on
server where I get very low ping, typically under 100 in the server
browser and in-game usually about 40-60( actually quite strange they are
different, isnt it?) but what happens now and then is that I get the
message "There is a problem with your network connection" and everything
just freezes for a second or two. It's a real killer if you are low
sniffing in chopper:-) What is strange is when I look at the pings they
are still low, nothing else lags, the game just completly feezes. Some
friends has seen this too. I have been looking around on the net
briefly(googling) but couldnt find much about it. Anyway there are
definitely bugs still in the game clients!

/Kalle