[bf1942] Start BF2 as a service in Linux

Jay Vasallo jayco1 at charter.net
Fri Oct 7 12:02:14 EDT 2005

You can do things, but this is the simplest.

edit your /etc/rc.local file and append to the bottom of the file.

This is a copy of my /etc/rc.local file from one of the linux servers.

#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
/bin/su bf2-serverone -c /home/bf2-serverone/bf2/start.sh
/bin/su bf2-servertwo -c /home/bf2-servertwo/bf2/start.sh
/bin/su bf2-serverthree-c /home/bf2-serverthree/bf2/start.sh

I also had edited the start.sh to include the screen command and so on.

Hope this help you.

/bin/su bf2-serverone -c /home/bf2-serverone/bf